Day 9 may 18th 4:43


Today we worked on word choices in poems. Since the beginning of the poetry unit, they have been collecting and placing all of their poems in a slideshow. I have read through and graded them multiple times along with Mrs. Westerback. After having about 7 poems Mrs. Westerback decided that it would be a good idea to spend a class revising and changing words in students' poems. Because we are working with 6th graders you can’t just ask them to revise, you need to show them how and give them examples. We did this by taking poems and putting blank places inside of the poems and asking students to fill in their answers with vivid words. I also spent a lot of my time grading the homework from yesterday which allowed me to see if I was able to get through to students. The good news is that most students seem to understand it with almost no missing homework with most of it being completed correctly. I worked from 7:45 am to 3:00 pm. I have now worked 67 hrs and 15 minutes in total.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2 may 9th 3:10pm

Day 10 May 19th 5:54pm

Day 11 May 22nd 4:00pm