Weekly reflection 2 may 20th 3:01pm


After working at MMS for two weeks I don't have a perfect but a pretty good understanding of how it feels to teach. Over my time I have graded essays, poems, interviews, and homework. I have been able to do more than I believed I would when I planned my project out. I was also gifted with the opportunity to stay later two days this week for Mrs. Westerbacks extra help club where I was able to help students in more subjects than just English. All of our students are so much fun to work with. I was able to teach multiple classes this week where I was in control of the smart board and students. I would start by explaining the lesson to students and giving them examples to respond to. I would then walk around the class and read through student's answers and when I felt that they all had good ones I would go back to the front of the class and continue with the lesson. I think that this was an excellent way to teach the lessons because It taught students the skill they needed and then allowed them time to develop it before we moved on to different versions within the lesson. I spent some of my time this week with the printer where I had a tough time understanding the copier but after I finally got it I had never been so pumped to print things. This week students were incredibly responsive to me saying hi mister kelly every time they saw me and complementing my shoe choices. I find it very interesting how middle schoolers talk they use very interesting words to the point where I don't even know what some things mean. I would say I have learned many different things during my project but one thing that will stick with me for a while at least is that middle schoolers are weird little people. Im not sure what makes them do the things that they do but I must say it is quite funny to watch them at lunch or before class starts. They are always running around screaming weird things at each other. Overall I am still very much enjoying my project and as I said last week I really believe we should have been given more time for our projects. With only two days left at MMS, I can't help but feel sad that I won't get any option to finish the year with them. With education being the career that I am looking at now I find it hard to say goodbye to Mrs. Westerback and her students.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2 may 9th 3:10pm

Day 10 May 19th 5:54pm

Day 11 May 22nd 4:00pm