weekly reflection 1 may 13th 1:00pm

Over the past week, I have worked with my old middle school English teacher Mrs. Westerback. I have been her TA and shadow. Throughout my week I have learned much more than I believed I would. On my first day, I was gifted the opportunity to grade some essays from a little before I arrived. I graded about 75 essays on my first day and was just absolutely burnt out. On the second day, we had Standardized testing for most of the morning but normal classes in the afternoon. Wednesday Was a really fun day because I got to Teach my own class with the help of a substitute teacher. During the class I covered students began to feel more relaxed around me and began asking questions related to class and related to me personally. After teaching that class students began to wave to me in the hallways and talk to me when they saw me. This made coming to work a lot more fun for me. I have always enjoyed spending time with Mrs. Westerback but now it's double as fun with the students as well. Thursday was a fun and interactive lesson that I enjoyed teaching with Mrs. Westerback. During lunch on Thursday I was asked by students to sit at their table where I was attacked by a barrage of a million questions. Although slightly stressful I tried my best to answer the questions. This was a really fun experience for me because one of my goals was to get to know the students and not just be standing up at the front of the class. Friday was also a lot of fun because not only was our topic for class fun but all the students are feeling much more comfortable around me and they will wave at me in class during lessons which I think is quite funny. In Middlesex Middle School students pick to do band, orchestra, or chorus for music. At the end of each quarter, they have a concert for their music choice. Two of Mrs. Westerback's and my students decided to invite us to the chorus concert with handwritten notes which was very sweet of them. Overall I have been having an amazing time working on my project and the only thing that's bothering me so far is that I only have such a short time at Middlesex.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 11 May 22nd 4:00pm

Day 2 may 9th 3:10pm

Day 10 May 19th 5:54pm