Day 8 may 17th 9:25

Today in classes we worked on personification. Mrs. Westerback used the slideshow that I worked on last Friday. It was a very proud moment to see the slideshow and examples I came up with on the board teaching the students. The way the slideshow was structured was that students would read through one-line examples of personification and then move to personification poems where they responded to two longer ones. Finally into creating their own personification poems. Classes today were also shortened due to aimsweb testing which is another type of Standardized testing. Sadly unlike last week, we didn’t get to watch a movie with students not taking it because all students were taking it today. During mid-morning In Mrs. Westerback and I’s homeroom we met for the test which was long and boring. After aimsweb we went back to classes as normal but a little shorter. I got to teach my own class today by running the board, questions, walking around, and checking students' work. Mrs. Westerback actually surprised me and just asked if I wanted to teach the lesson right before class. I thought about it and how I had worked on most of the slides anyway and decided to try it. Although I don't believe it went perfectly I really enjoyed it and hope I get more chances. I worked from 7:45 am to 3:00 pm. I have now worked 60 hrs in total.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 10 May 19th 5:54pm

Day 2 may 9th 3:10pm

Day 11 May 22nd 4:00pm